Sunday 9 May 2010

HOLMSTON HALL 9/5/10 ~ The less said the better

Apologies from me, but I can't dress this match up into something special. Given advanced details regarding the conditions at the fishery, I'm pretty certain that everyone would have voted to give it a miss.
Under difficult circumstances, Jamie Pickup was a worthy winner with 13lb caught on pellet and maggot. Well done wupass!
Gary Chambers maintained his excellent form with 12lb 8oz of paste caught carp, to claim the runner-up spot.
Dave Norman improved his section win last time out to claim third this time. He brought 9lb 8oz to the scales.
Ken Pickup won a section with 8lb 8oz, while his mate Ken Stuart had to share the other section with John Edwards. Both had 7lb and remarkably tied in their knockout.
Hopefully the next match will see better fishing and a return of the good humour that normally accompanies our outings. 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would have thought the peg to peg golden nugget battle might have been worth a line or two? Oh no, I remember now, Norman recorded another DNW. I'll fish Baden Hall with one rig tied behind my back. Heh heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Norm should change his user name to DNW it seems to be comin a bit of a regularity lately. Could it be the weather, or maybe inferior bait, or maybe he has lost his mojo whatever the reason its not lookin to clever for our Norm on the old nugget-ometer. Haha.
    From my point of view on Holmston Shit Hole the only species missing from the catches was Crabs, think we need to give that one a swerve next year, it will take that long to get the smell off me nets. How Gnome and Gary B sat in that Shite at the bottom end of the lake for 5 hours is beyond me, them people in the mobile homes behind peg 8 and 9 must of had a splendid weekend with the smell comin off that lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you know why i didnt fish the shit pit,didnt want to say i told you so but I TOLD YOU SO ha ha.I hope everyone that fished has cleaned all there nets before the next match,dont want are other venues becoming shit pits.

    ReplyDelete